Leah DeVries, Associate IIDA
Co-VP of Communications
submit a job posting
Erickson Sullivan Architects
Position: Interior Designer
Contact: Scott Sullivan
Erickson Sullivan Architects is seeking a full-time Interior Designer to join our firm and lead the interiors of all projects, ranging from high-end residential to large commercial projects. Current projects include residential, healthcare, education, institutional, restaurants, and religious designs. Education requirements include a 4 year college degree from an accredited interior design program.
Skills should include proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit, with experience in Photoshop and Sketchup preferred. Will consider entry level candidates but prefer those with at least limited professional experience in construction documents and interior design.
The ideal candidate possesses strong interior design skills, the ability and willingness to take lead with interior design projects, strong communication skills with co-workers and clients, and the willingness to take on a variety of projects and task, including both interior design and assistance with construction documents for architectural projects.
Due Date: 3/9/2018
West Des Moines, Iowa
Position: Summer Interior Design Intern
Contact: Lisa Schettler
• You are a student currently enrolled in (or have) a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited interior design (CIDA) or architecture (NAAB) program
• Minimum of three years of college design classes.
• Strong design skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with industry-standard tools and software such as Revit, SketchUp Photoshop, MSOffice, etc.
• Working with the Shive-Hattery Design Team to advance design and contribute to the ongoing elevation of Shive-Hattery’s design brand
• Provide assistance in the areas of Healthcare, Workplace, Government, and Education design market sectors
• Assist interior designers preparing presentation materials, documenting designs, creating finish boards, etc.
• Revit Skills are a requirement
• Attention to detail
• Manage the material library and vendor meeting schedules
• Assist with marketing production items, relative to interior design
If interested, please send resume and portfolio to Lisa Schettler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Des Moines, Iowa
Position: Interior Designer
Contact: Jen Wasek
OPN Architects is an award-winning architectural firm with multiple studios serving the greater Midwest. Our open studio environment nurtures excellence and rewards professional growth. We are currently seeking talented Interior Designers to join our dynamic team in our Des Moines office. Senior and entry level positions are available. The ideal candidate will have a 4-year Interior Design degree, 5 or more years of experience desired, or a minimum of 2+ years’ experience. Experience in an architectural design firm is a plus.
This is the amount of experience required by the applicant Our open studio environment and collaborative approach to architecture and design requires that you work well with others and consistently build strong relationships with teammates and clients. The right person for our studio will have a balanced skill set including: Revit and various rendering software, understanding of programming and space planning, construction documents, lighting design, interior building materials, furniture specifications, etc. Strong communication, leadership, and documentation skills are critical for success in our highly energized office culture.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should submit, by email, a resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Please include the word Interior Designer in the subject line. See what we’re all about at www.opnarchitects.com! Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Des Moines, Iowa
Position: Full Time Interior Designer
Contact: Joe Anderson
Koch Brothers is a128 year old Commercial Interiors Dealership in Des Moines, Iowa. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our design team on a full time basis. An ideal candidate would be a detail oriented, creative problem solver who is confident in a fast paced environment. At Koch Brothers we are committed to leadership, integrity and relationships and seek to find great people who value the same things. Job responsibilities include managing multiple projects, furniture layout and specification, space planning, responding to RFPs, proposal generation and procurement, business to business project development and promotion of Koch Brothers and client development.
- Perform interior design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development & construction documents and furniture and materials procurement.
- Provide design support for completion and execution of design projects. from initial meeting to project order.
- Educate architects, designers and clients on the company, manufactures and products represented by Koch Brothers.
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents.
- Participate in selection of furniture systems and ancillary furnishings and accessories; create FF&E specifications.
- Provide project team coordination for the plans, specifications and materials.
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and samples.
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Experience creating bid documents and developing furniture standards· Coordinate procurement installation schedules phases
- Programming, schematic/conceptual design, design development, contract documents, procurement contract administration, project management of project until completion and client satisfaction.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Interior Design degree from a 4 year accredited program minimum required
- Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch up and 3d rendering a plus
- Additional knowledge in specification software is a plus
- Background and experience in workplace design.
- Well rounded experience in FF&E specification, as well as design development, construction documentation and construction administration.
- Experience in Furniture Specification, bid documentation and bidding analysis
- Familiarity with major commercial furniture lines.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Etc.
- Detail Oriented
- Self Motivated
- Skilled communicator
- Handles stressful situations and deadlines well
BOLD OFFICE SOLUTIONS
Position: Lead Interior Designer
Contact: Jay Bolding
Are you ready for the next step in your design career ? Looking for an opportunity to be a key decision maker and influencer in your next position ? BOLD Office Solutions, a Kimball Office Select Dealer is seeking a highly motivated individual, passionate about design and wanting to become the Lead Designer in a growing furniture dealership environment. The role includes being the primary point of contact for building successful relationships within A&D.
The ideal candidate possess an Interior Design Degree with 4+ years of design and customer relationship experience. AutoCAD skills and attention to detail is also a must.
All Makes Office Equipment
Position: Interior Designer
Contact: Gretchen Golter
All Makes Office Equipment Co., is a family owned business since 1918. We are a full-service office furniture dealership with projects, not only in Nebraska, but nationwide as well. We believe our many years of experience has allowed us to provide the changing workplace with creative solutions through a strong sales and design team.
All Makes offers opportunities for enthusiastic and creative designers. We are interested in you, whether you are experienced or just starting in the career field. All Makes Designers are an integral part of the team and imperative to our projects successes. We have many benefits, including health insurance, 401 (K) plan, free parking and a great work atmosphere.
These are required by the applicant:
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architectural studies/interior design required.
• Experience and proficiency in use of Auto-CAD, 3-D rendering program and skills to learn new products and programs.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work on multiple projects, simultaneously
• Excellent communication and team building skills
• Excellent attention to detail