submit a job posting
Company Name: Tile By Design, Inc
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Job Title: Architectural Sales Representative
Job Description : Responsibilities:
Present and recommend tile and stone products to our A/D partners. Communicate and collaborate through all project phases with design professionals, contractors and other members of your team. Manage multiple clients' projects simultaneously. Limited travel, 6-8 nights per year.
Technical or Bachelor's degree with five years experience in commercial interior design, architecture or material specification and sales.
Selling products that are beautiful, artistic, technical and sustainable. Building new industry relationships. Enjoy steady income growth.
Due Date : 11/1/2019
Point of Contact: Dan Emmel
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (763) 551-5900
Company Name: INVISION Architecture
Location: Waterloo, IA
Job Title: Interior Designer
Job Description: INVISION has an opening for an entry level Interior Designer with 0-2 years of professional Interior Design experience. Applicants should be available to present a portfolio and attend a personal interview.
Description and Details:
This position is an opportunity for an Interior Designer to work in an architectural studio. You will assist project teams in designing progressive and functional interior spaces. You will work on a wide range of tasks from schematic design through construction administration. Your day-to-day tasks may include:
• General office work and design library upkeep
• Research and select colors/finishes/materials
• Perform site survey and documentation
• Attend project team meetings
• Contribute to design ideas
• Produce construction documents
• Attend client and consultant meetings
• Learn Architectural terms and definitions
• Produce renderings and other graphics materials
• A Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design is required
• On track towards NCIDQ certification
• Computer and software skills including Microsoft Office, Revit and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience in furniture specifications is a plus
• Experience in Healthcare design is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Desire to engage in the office and community
• Detail oriented and efficient
Due Date : 11/8/2019
Point of Contact: Lisa Chamberlin
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone: (319) 433-3837
Company Name: Unthank Design Group
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Job Title: Interior Designer
Unthank Design Group serves as a planning, architecture and design firm exclusively dedicated to the dental professions. As a registered professional architect and dentist, owner Dr. Michael Unthank, speaks both languages fluently. His experience and in-depth knowledge of these disciplines provides him an empathetic understanding of what constitutes successful dental office design. Since 1980, Unthank Design Group has designed over two thousand dental and dental specialty offices throughout the world.
We are looking for an individual that is passionate about commercial design and has a strong desire to serve our customers. Your role would include everything related to planning, interior architecture and interior design. You would be the sole person developing the interior material and furnishing selections. You would be responsible for guiding our clients through the interior design process, developing the client's color board for their use in marketing their new office to their patients and for development of their Finish Schedule. You would also assist with the bid package of furnishings and art selections. An Ideal candidate for this role will have minimum 2-5 years of experience as an Interior Designer who has managed all phases of a project from design through construction. A Bachelor Degree from an accredited Interior Design program and additional industry experience is preferred.
Due Date : 8/23/2019
Point of Contact: Dr. Michael Unthank
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (402) 423-3300
Company Name: Silent Rivers Design Build
Location: Clive, iA
Job Title: Senior Lead Designer
Job Description: Silent Rivers Design+Build was founded on deep-rooted disciplines of craftsmanship, inspired design, and sustainability. Our artistically minded design+build team collaborates to provide customized solutions that fit our client’s personality, budget and lifestyle.
With more than 25 years of experience, we specialize in room additions, kitchens, baths, whole house remodels, custom cabinetry, furniture, and new homes. Projects incorporate sustainable approaches wherever possible, highlighting durability in design and construction.
Silent Rivers Design+Build is seeking someone with strong, creative talent, along with exceptional leadership and aesthetic management skills, to be a part of a nationally recognized and award-winning team. As Senior Lead Designer you will play a leadership role in a creative team of designers and collaborate with clients to create inspiring projects and timeless homes.
o Create/monitor project schedules and budgets.
o Enhance the process and deliverables of the design process through continuous training, support and mentoring
o Refine and implement department and drafting standards utilizing Autodesk Revit and AIA best practices.
o Interact and build relationships with clients and vendors.
o Collaborate with internal project teams to establish budget appropriate designs and proposals.
o Generate and develop overall design concepts and formulate presentation strategies.
o Prepare, present and/or review the Project Scope Document (PSD) that outlines project goals, budget, and timelines.
o Manage client allowances and product selections during and after the design process.
o Document any specific sources for products and materials specified for your projects.
o Research and verify compliance within planning & zoning and building & energy codes.
o Produce P&Z and/or building permit packages and advocate for the client as necessary.
o Create construction drawings utilizing Revit software to include layout of existing conditions, conceptual designs, design development, refinement, details, and construction documents. Working drawings may include plans, elevations, sections, and details.
o Prepare and present construction contracts to the client, accompanied by the construction drawings as the written scope of work and costs of construction.
o Maintain a minimum weekly average of 20+ billable hours in design.
• Estimating and Production
o Collaborate with the internal estimating team for budget-appropriate designs and construction proposals.
o Provide aesthetic management during construction of project to ensure design intent.
o Provide design solutions for any unforeseen site conditions as necessary.
o Participate in Post-Production Assessments providing feedback and gathering insight for use in future projects.
• Marketing & Sales
o Contribute to monthly blog content
o Assist with online social marketing efforts (Facebook, Houzz, etc…)
o Complete Project Summary write ups and request client testimonials
o Assist with award submissions
o Be available to work trade show and networking events
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• 10+ years of experience as a Designer/Architect.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Design, or related field preferred.
• 10+ years of experience with Autodesk Building Suite, AutoCAD, & Revit.
• 5+ years of experience in overseeing the preparation of design-phase deliverables, including bid/construction documents.
• Strong proficiency in building & energy codes, construction practices, & architectural design.
• Strong leadership and people skills.
• Experience in project and client management.
• Experience with estimating preferred but not required.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Collaborative and professional work ethic.
Simple IRA plan with 3% matching by employer, Flex Spending Plan, Paid Holidays, and Paid Vacation.
Due Date: 10/1/2019
Point of Contact: Chris Boeke
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone: (515) 266-6702
Company Name: Triplett Interior Solutions
Job Title: Interior Designer
Job Description: Are you looking for an exciting, creative and team-centered work environment? Triplett Interior Solutions is a professional interior design firm and contract furniture dealership with an ideal location close to Interstate 35/80 in Urbandale. We are looking for an individual that is passionate about design and has a strong desire to serve customers. Our designers create memorable spaces through the use of industry specific drafting and rendering software, contract grade furniture manufacturers, eye catching interior finishes and their own personal touch. Responsibilities include interfacing with customers and sales staff, producing accurate drawings and product specifications, preparing price quotes and maintaining an extensive knowledge of product lines. A bachelor’s degree in Interior Design is required for this position and additional industry experience is preferred.
This is a full-time position for normal business hours Monday through Friday. A full benefits package is available, including health insurance and 401(k).
Due Date: 10/1/2019
Point of Contact: Nichole Dimig
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (515) 331-6178
Company Name: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Location: West Des Moines
Job Title: Project Designer, Retail Interiors
Job Description: This position is based in a fast-paced work environment within a general office setting. The ideal candidate must be able to handle multiple jobs/situations every day with the flexibility to adapt to changing project requirements. This person is responsible for the development and implementation of various retail design projects, providing conceptual design and following projects through construction while maintaining projects on schedule and within budget.
Experience and Education:
An Ideal candidate for this creative role will have minimum 2-5 years of experience as an Interior Designer or Architectural Designer (emphasis in Interiors) who has managed all phases of a project from design through construction. Bachelor Degree from an accredited Interior Design or Architectural program preferred. Experience designing retail environments is a plus.
• Work with the Store Development & Engineering team to design and execute interior architecture for new stores and remodels. Projects include large and small format grocery stores, restaurants, convenience stores, car washes, and other retail initiatives, as well as a variety of projects for our subsidiary companies.
• Produce hand sketches and/or computer generated rendering of design ideas and spaces to communicate to internal client and team.
• Create and review production drawings and specifications.
• Coordinate construction documents and order décor for stores.
• Review and approve shop drawings and submittals.
• Work with the construction team from pre-construction through project completion to ensure the project is completed according to the design intent and construction documents.
• Schedule and perform site visits in coordination with project team.
• Expedites and manages product and design information flow to and from outside vendors.
• Maintains up-to-date product and material samples library.
• Organize, schedule, and manage multiple projects in various phases of design and construction.
• Research and implement design solutions and cost-efficiency measures for new construction, remodels and facilities projects.
• Develop and maintain interior design specifications, standards and schedules.
• Attend company and departmental meetings. Lead project meetings.
Knowledge Skills and Experience Required:
• Strong design skills balanced with technical knowledge.
• Proficient use of Autodesk Building Design Suite (Revit and AutoCAD), Bluebeam Revu, Photoshop, Illustrator, and SketchUp.
• Understanding of building materials and construction methods for interior building systems.
• Knowledge of space planning standards for ADA compliance.
• Ability to clearly present design and technical information to project teams and leadership groups.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and schedules simultaneously.
• Team-focused individual with strong communication and collaboration skills; verbal, written, and interpersonal.
• Experience with project cost histories and cost management processes is a plus.
• Commitment to Hy-Vee goals and a willingness to promote the values of the company.
• Review, recommend, and manage design consultants and vendors.
• Review and recommend payments to consultants, vendors, and contractors.
• Frequent contact with design consultants, contractors, and product vendors
• Hy-Vee stores, subsidiaries, and corporate office personnel.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
• PC with Microsoft Office programs and job specific software, printer, copy machine and mobile device.
• Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near-range with or without correction.
• Must be physically able to perform sedentary work: occasional lifting or carrying objects of no more than 15 pounds, standing, and walking.
• Must be able to perform the following physical activities: kneeling, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and fine motor skills.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating more than 260 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $10 billion annually. The supermarket chain is synonymous with quality, variety, convenience, healthy lifestyles, culinary expertise and superior customer service. Hy-Vee ranks in the Top 10 Most Trusted Brands and has been named one of America’s Top 5 favorite grocery stores. The company’s more than 80,000 employees provide “A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle” to customers every day.
Due Date: 7/13/2019
Point of Contact: Erika Watson
Email Address: EWatson@hy-vee.com
Phone: (515) 267-6016
Location: Des Moines, IA
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Job Description: FEH Design is seeking a Full-time Graphic Designer to join our team. Position includes designing a wide variety of things across digital and offline media including building graphics, environmental branding, marketing materials, website and proposal content.
Candidate to be highly motivated, have strong organizational skills, detail oriented, deliver brilliant creative ideas and be a self-starter willing to collaborate in a team environment while efficiently working on multiple projects at one time.
Graphic Designer Responsibilities:
• Create dynamic concepts by gathering/studying relevant information and materials.
• Develop and illustrate conceptual design ideas for a variety of applications, arrangements, sizes and styles.
• Present and review conceptual designs with project team and clients for approval.
• Collaborate with project team to coordinate conceptual design into the built environment.
• Field verify site conditions and measurements as necessary for implementation of conceptual designs.
• Prepare finished artwork by operating necessary software.
• Coordinate with outside printers, agencies, artwork services, web designer, marketing materials vendors and colleagues as necessary.
• Contribute to the team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed for the team to be successful.
• Communicate with clients, team and vendors about layout and design.
• Create a wide range of graphics and layouts for environmental branding, marketing materials, and website with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
• Review final layouts and suggest improvements when necessary.
• Collaborate with other design professionals both inside and outside the firm.
Graphic Designer Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field.
• Experience as a graphic designer or in a related field.
• Demonstrate graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
• Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
• Ability to create brilliant visual compositions.
• Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
• Understanding of the following: importance and impact of environmental branding, marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, multimedia design, etc.
• Experience with computer-aided design.
Due Date: ASAP
Point of Contact: Denny Sharp
Phone: (515) 288-2000
Location: Omaha or Lincoln Nebraska
Job Title: Outside Sales Representative
Job Description: SARK TILE is currently investing in our brand with a new website, image, leads generation tool, new products and are looking to invest in a sales representative that’s ready to be apart of our growing brand!
We are your local ceramic tile distributor in Nebraska. Sark Tile offers high-quality products of the greatest variety and selection, a well-stocked warehouse in Lincoln, fair prices and excellent service!
Nebraska Outside Sales Representative
In this essential role, the candidate will have the opportunity to develop new business opportunities while cultivating greater returns from existing accounts. The account focus would be Retail Dealer’s and Commercial Tile Contractors.
The ideal candidate will be honest, dependable, detail-oriented and highly organized along with possessing the following abilities, attributes, experience and skills:
- Self motivated with strong communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel in their assigned territory.
- Organized, efficient, with quick response to client’s requests.
- Professional, good communication skills, creative and a team player.
- Outgoing, personable and flexible salesperson able to cater to the needs of multiple segments of the market.
- Results driven to meet sales goals.
- Be willing and able to distribute displays and sample boards.
- Prior sales experience is a plus!
Please send your resume and any questions to email@example.com
Due Date: 12/30/2018
Point of Contact: Elizabeth Gamm
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (402) 706-5650
Company Name: Tile By Design
Location: Omaha, NE
Job Title: Interior Designer
Job Description: The Interior Designer creates appropriate environments for the Nebraska-Western Iowa Veterans Affairs Campuses, Community Based Outpatient Clinics, and Leased locations. The interior designer oversees procurement of furniture, modular walls, & interior design accessories; acts as the liaison between architecture/engineering firms, other vendors, medical center management; performs duties as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR). This is a term - 24 months Appointment type.
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Design patient friendly environments which are conducive to healing, aesthetically appealing, safe and code compliant, with clear and understandable maneuverability, all within the fiscal requirements set by medical center management.
Prepare space and interior design plans including phasing, drawing and freehand sketches showing layout of conventional walls, modular walls, furniture and utilities required for each project.
Verify that the facility meets the safety and welfare of patients, staff, and visitors.
Serve as the point of contact for contract conformance to design principles, technical quality of drawing and specifications, budgets, and project scheduling.
Serves as the point of contact for facility activation activities specific to new and/or repurposed clinical spaces.
Work directly with vendor to coordinate field measuring, furniture deliveries and furniture installation (including phasing) and cabling as well as technology needs with the move coordinator.
Perform within the safety guidelines (including infection control) set forth by the medical center and communicates said guidelines to vendors.
Manage a recurring budget and prepare budget requirements for major, minor, non-recurring maintenance and station level construction projects for interior design requirements.
Serve on the ergonomics committee and as a consultant and problem solver on ergonomic evaluations, complaints, and related issues.
Serves as Contracting Officer Representative.
Other related duties as assigned.
Please see job announcement number CBDS-10482203-19-MEL located on https://www.usajobs.gov for complete information and to apply online.
Due Date: 6/7/2019
Point of Contact: Megan Ludwikowski
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone: (402) 995-4947
Des Moines, Iowa
Position: Full Time Interior Designer
Contact: Joe Anderson
Koch Brothers is a128 year old Commercial Interiors Dealership in Des Moines, Iowa. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our design team on a full time basis. An ideal candidate would be a detail oriented, creative problem solver who is confident in a fast paced environment. At Koch Brothers we are committed to leadership, integrity and relationships and seek to find great people who value the same things. Job responsibilities include managing multiple projects, furniture layout and specification, space planning, responding to RFPs, proposal generation and procurement, business to business project development and promotion of Koch Brothers and client development.
Perform interior design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development & construction documents and furniture and materials procurement.
Provide design support for completion and execution of design projects. from initial meeting to project order.
Educate architects, designers and clients on the company, manufactures and products represented by Koch Brothers.
Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents.
Participate in selection of furniture systems and ancillary furnishings and accessories; create FF&E specifications.
Provide project team coordination for the plans, specifications and materials.
Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and samples.
Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
Experience creating bid documents and developing furniture standards· Coordinate procurement installation schedules phases
Programming, schematic/conceptual design, design development, contract documents, procurement contract administration, project management of project until completion and client satisfaction.
Desired Skills and Experience
Interior Design degree from a 4 year accredited program minimum required
Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch up and 3d rendering a plus
Additional knowledge in specification software is a plus
Background and experience in workplace design.
Well rounded experience in FF&E specification, as well as design development, construction documentation and construction administration.
Experience in Furniture Specification, bid documentation and bidding analysis
Familiarity with major commercial furniture lines.
Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Etc.
Handles stressful situations and deadlines well