DESIGN LEADERSHIP FUND
Amy Guhl, IIDA
VP of Professional Development
The Design Leadership Fund [DLF] was established in 2018 through the IIDA Great Plains Chapter sponsorship campaign. It is intended to support member participation in activities that pertain to education, knowledge or research within the interior design profession and that could have a positive impact on the Great Plains Chapter design community.
This fund provides up to $3500 to be distributed annually in varying amounts to members of the IIDA Great Plains Chapter. The number of awards may vary each year.
Mission: To strengthen the IIDA Great Plains Chapter community by supporting its members in learning that is linked to the advancement of interior design professional development.
We ignite a passion for curiosity, lifelong learning and mindfulness.
We empower our members in reaching their career and personal goals.
We innovate and educate our members through collaboration and leadership.
- Applicant must be a current IIDA Great Plains Chapter member in good standing.
- Applicant must have been an IIDA member for at least 3 consecutive years.
- Applicant cannot receive funding for the activity from their employer or any other source. If funding from another source does not cover the activity 100%, the applicant may request funding for the remaining amount.
- Eligible activities must pertain to education, knowledge or research within the interior design profession. Examples of eligible activities include, but are not limited to:
- Greenbuild, Living Futures, Healthcare Design or other conferences
- Dale Carnegie, Living Building Challenge, LEED workshops or other training
- Teaching a training course or give presentation within the Great Plains Chapter
- Travel to rural Iowa and/or Nebraska to educate the public on interior design legislation
- Photography, graphic design class
- College-level class
- Note: NCIDQ and LEED exams are not eligible. IIDA Headquarters offers reimbursement for these exams
- Applications will be available August 1, 2018
- Final applications must be submitted by September 12, 2018
- Recipient(s) will be announced at the Fall Signature Event in Des Moines, IA
- 50% of the awarded amount will be distributed to the recipient prior to the activity
- The remaining 50% of the reimbursement will be distributed after activity has been completed and the deliverable has been completed